My Ambitions

What are my ambitions? Well, let me see. For one thing, I want to draw closer to God. Secondly I want to be a better husband, and thirdly I want to build and maintain deeper friendships. 
To draw closer to God, having a regular time to pray and read the Bible would help. To be a better husband, I should always approach my wife with a positive frame of mind and prioritize doing enjoyable things, such as going on outings, with her. To build deeper friendships, I should invite people I have met over to my house for a meal and get to know them better.
I think the overarching motivation behind these three ambitions is to make my life count. I shouldn't let a day go by without thanking God for it and living out His love and light in my interactions. I must remind myself that I only get to live each day once, so what am I going to make of it?



Comments

  1. Having meal and chatting together make people get along. Also, inviting your friends to home party can make them fun and you can show gratitude to them. In New Zealand, what do people do at a home party? In Osaka, the young hold 'Takopa', which is 'Takoyaki party'. We enjoy making takoyaki by ourselves at home, while we chat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mahiro, interesting to hear about 'takopa.' In NZ, we sometimes invite an individual or a couple over for a meal. My wife and I usually invite folks over on Sunday for lunch.We share a lunch of quiche, a salad and some cold meats with our guests, and they sometimes bring something along to share with us. If we want to invite a larger group over, we usually have a 'potluck' dinner party, where we ask each individual or couple to bring along a dish to share eg some chicken drum sticks, a potato bake, a salad and so on. Then we enjoy eating what everyone has brought along, together.

      Delete
  2. I was moved by your second ambition because I can understand your couple must respect and take care of each other. I want to be such a couple in the future. What do you think about the tips to be with a partner forever?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maiko, building a good marriage is indeed a challenging project. I think, though, there are some 'rules of thumb' which can help one on this journey. (1) Try to listen to your partner and empathise with them, (2) Be humble, (3) Make a habit of forgiving your partner & (4) Plan 'date nights' away from the hustle & bustle of your day-to-day schedule.
      David :-)

      Delete
  3. From your blog, I could know that you have a connection with god. For religious difference between me and you, I wonder what is god for you???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Momoka, that's a good question. God, for me, is the Creator & Sustainer of Life as revealed in the Bible & in the Cosmos. Simultaneously I understand that God is revealed in Jesus Christ who walked among us and is known as 'the Living Word' of God. As a Christian I also believe that Jesus died for my sins on the Cross and has reconciled me to the Eternal Father. Fulfilment in life is then found in a life characterized by knowing God and treating other people with grace and generosity.
      David :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The future: My predictions

The best way to reduce crime

A Turning Point