A fallacy


Do you know the myth that If you lie down right after eating, you will get fat? My mother always said to me, so I have been afraid of the myth from a long time. But this is a fallacy.

Lying down right after eating is not a bad thing but a good thing. It is said that resting after eating improves the metabolism of the liver and improves the fat burning effect. That's why sleeping right after eating is better for losing weight than exercising actively. But, this sleeping is the meaning of lying. If you sleep too deeply, it will not be good for your health. We should be careful so as not to sleep deeply by mistake. 

Comments

  1. Fascinating! Yes, I have often heard it said that it isn't a good idea to eat a lot before you go to bed. Can you clarify your point though? Are you saying that resting after eating is good, but that sleeping deeply after eating isn't? And if so, why?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! what you said is right. Sleeping for a short time is good for our health. It is because our bodies can burn fat during resting. And sleeping deeply can discouraged our bodies to lose weight and burn fat. What we ate before we go to bed tends to change fat.

      Delete
  2. After lunch, I take a nap at a desk for 10 minutes. It's because after lunch I feel sleep. Just 10 minutes make me feel refreshed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, exactly! I also like taking a nap after eating lunch. And I think it makes me work and study hardly.

      Delete
  3. Same as your mother, my mother always told me that if I lie down just after eating I would become a cow as a joke. I often sleep after dinner, so might need to try not to sleep deeply, but to just lie down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's interesting. My mother often said to me 'You'll be cow!' as a joke, too. Most Japanese know this myth, don't they?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The future: My predictions

The best way to reduce crime

A Turning Point