What freedom means to me

    Clothes

    What freedom means to me is I can choose whatever I want to wear. I believe many people will hope to have freedom in terms of bigger scale, but I would like to focus on clothes.

   I am a girl, so I had been forced to wear skirts while I was with my grandparents . My grandmother thinks girls should wear skirts because we are girls, and jeans are for boys. When I always tell her that I prefer to wear various kind of jeans to skirts, she makes a grimace. Then my mother changes my outfit to a girlish skirt when I was a child. You might think it is only when I meet them, but they live far away, so my family tend to stay for a few days every two months. I love spending time with them but not about the point I have to wear clothes I really do not want to. After a few years, I kept wearing skirts, but one time when I visited them, my grandmother did not tell me to wear it. She just looked at me and said you look good in that. Later I had found out that my grandfather respectfully told her that I was not comfortable wearing skirts. She apologized to me about it, we made up, and she understood me.

   I think we all have different points we hope to have freedom.  









Comments

  1. The freedom to wear clothes that you like is indeed a freedom that has long been highly valued. We can express a lot of things about ourselves through our clothing. We can express our creativity through the clothing articles we choose to wear together, we can express our moods through the colours we wear and we can express our beliefs through slogans on the tshirts and badges we wear. Thanks for sharing your experiences regarding this topic. David :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe wearing clothes we like can represent us who we are, and what kind of person we are. I totally agree with the idea of words on the t-shirts are important way to express who we are.

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed your blog a lot : ) I also believe everyone can wear what they wanna wear. Fashion can express our feelings and ourselves. And I love fashion which can show people's characteristic freely. That's why my hobby is to look for my favorite clothes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think especially for girls clothes are one of the most important ways to represent who we are. I think just girls wearing boys uniform everyday can represent something.

      Delete
  3. That's really interesting. I take your point that we can express freedom through clothes, but for this reason, I think clothes bother some people. Because we can wear what we want, people tend to judge who you are by appearance. There are some people who have difficulty in wearing in order not to judge as non-sense guy. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got your point, and I never thought that wearing clothes can have disadvantage to people, so it is interesting to know your opinion.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The future: My predictions

The best way to reduce crime

A Turning Point