My Dream Adventure

A long-time dream of mine has been to visit Instanbul, a cosmopolitan city found in Turkey on the shores of the Bosphorus River and on the crossroads between Europe and Asia.
Perhaps my wife & I should consider living & working there for a year. There is so much to see. The place I long to visit most there is the ancient church, Hagia Sophia. It is about 1400 years old and cavernous in size. It is an architectural & engineering marvel and a tribute to those who designed and built it with the motivation of honouring God. I would love to go there often and spend hours in quiet awe.
Then there are other ancient structures such as the Blue Mosque and the historical city walls to explore, delicious kebabs to be eaten and coffee to be drunk and the Bosphorus to walk alongside or cruise and turkish rugs and pots to purchase and so on.
Spending time in Instanbul would deepen my knowledge of the world and build a sense of wonder about it. I hope I could make that place a better place by incarnating my Christian values & hope there. Will I go there? We'll see. It is all about where the path takes me.





Comments

  1. When it comes to Turkey, I know about Turkish food, which is one of the three most important cuisines in the world. I didn't know there are many beautiful buildings. Why do you want to visit there? Is is because you want to see the buildings?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mahiro, yes it is the architecture that has been attracting me to Instanbul, and its Byzantine history & culture of the past. The food I've heard is nice too, so I want to check that out as well. :-)

      Delete
  2. I also want to visit Hagia Sophia because I have learned it in my high school and known the beautifulness. And if you live and work there, what kind of job would you like to do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How nice that you learned about Hagia Sophia at school. I salute the teacher who taught you about it. If I did live in Instanbul, I imagine I'd do what I'm doing now - teach English as a second language. :-)

      Delete
  3. I knew the location of Istanbul, but I did not know what the country is like, or what kind of building there are, so it was interesting to read. If I have a chance to visit there, I would like to try kebabs in Turkey. !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think that would be a good idea -- try the kebabs ... and then 'get lost' in the maze of ancient alleys and bazaars. :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The future: My predictions

The best way to reduce crime

A Turning Point