A Turning Point

 One of my turning points of my life was a club competition in high school. When I was in high school, I was a member of the badminton club. When I was a freshman in high school, I had little enthusiasm for a club and was negative. At that time, I didn't really get along with the rest of the team. 

One day in March, there was a badminton competition. I had free time and got a chance to watch a doubles final by accident.  While I was watching, I was really impressed. How they are enjoying the game! I felt I wanted to enjoy badminton like them, even if I can't play well.

From the next day, I arrived at the practice field early even before the activity, and practiced alone. After a few days later, one of members who also arrived early every time invited me to practice. We enjoyed practice very much. Since the day, we practiced together every before activities. In addition, we had become good friends, hanging out all the time. Then, I was getting along with others members gradually. Finally, I didn't get good at badminton, but the members are my best friends of my high school now.

I can never imagine if I hadn't decided to practice hard, how my school life would have been lonely!


Comments

  1. Your story is very heart warming! If you haven't saw the final match, you would not have made your friends, and it was an accident. So we can't predict what will change our lives, don't you think? I think meeting with the people you will be together is a quite big turning point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. Actually, one them asked me to a short study abroad when we were high school 2 year students. It made me study in the faculty of foreign languages of Kansai University! So, if I hadn't seen the final match, I wouldn't be here!

      Delete
  2. I was moved by your school life story. I think that doing everything vary hard is worth, even if they can't do well. And practicing sports hard with friends makes their friendship strong! I hope you and your friends will be together forever! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The reason why I do running now is that I had done running since I had decided to practiced hard. Now, I'm planning to go to a license training camp with some of them in this summer! I'm looking forward to it!

      Delete
  3. Nice account! Good to read how you were inspired by the enjoyment, the pleasure, the players you watched gained from playing badminton. And then on top of that, you gained some enduring friendships simply from enthusiastically participating in the sport. No doubt, working together with others on a project can be a context for building friendships.
    David :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way. Working together strengthens the relationship of each other.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The future: My predictions

The best way to reduce crime

A Turning Point