Crime & Punishment

The best ways to reduce crime is education. So, I'll describe about three kinds of education.


Academic education

Some research reveals that the lower academic background is, the higher a crime rate is. It's matter not which university you graduated from, but a highest academic qualification is junior high school. So, I think that parents and government should give children education after junior high school. This makes children grow up intellectually and mentally.

Job training

Unemployment causes crime because the unemployed want to get money quickly. People who have specialized skills or high academic background will get new job quickly. However, people have neither won't. So that they can get new job quickly and not commit a crime, they should be given job training.

Moral education

The young commit the crime easily even if they get good education. It's because some children think crime as entertainment. They often say "No problem if only once", however they can't stop crime and it escalates more and more. Especially, using drugs once also influence health. So, through moral education of school, students should learn how danger committing crime is. It's effective to teach them real story, for example story criminals actually talk. 

Comments

  1. I agree with the idea that some children think crime as entertainment. I think some games which include killing scene affect their thoughts of crime badly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I was thinking. It's hard to say that some subculture such as some game, drama, manga really don't influence some criminals.

      Delete
  2. I think your 3 ideas are pretty realistic, and practical. I thought of giving them minimum wages, but I never thought of giving them opportunity to do actual jobs training, so I think it is very effective.
    I think inviting real criminals to talk about their own stories is a very good idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that talking about own stories is good for not only students, but also criminals. It's because they can reflect.

      Delete
  3. I agree with you that providing opportunities for education and training can help people find employment and once they have a job they are less likely to get involved in crime. But then as you mention there are those who commit crimes for 'the thrill of it.' Regarding these folk, yes, moral education is required. As I discuss in my post, I think parents, schools, religious, cultural and sporting bodies can all play a role in providing such guidance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's important to make students find the way to release their stresses and enjoy their life in order not to commit crimes.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The future: My predictions

The best way to reduce crime

A Turning Point